Followers

Monday, November 21, 2011

Am I being too pushy?

The last thing I heard was "I've never known a bank to move this fast" that was a while ago, so I got very impatient.
I went to see my mortgage lender to get assistance with my HPAP homework; she commented that this process could take a while but I should hear something by February at the latest in her non expert opinion. FEBRUARY!!! aw hell naw!
I knew that the mortgage was being held by Wells Fargo, I also knew that I was not allowed to contact the selling agent directly. Since my agent and I hadn't spoken in weeks, I took it upon myself to go to Wells Fargo...was that wrong of me? Apparently so.

I called 5 different numbers left two voicemail messages and spoke with about 3 people who told me they couldn't tell me anything. Finally my phone rang and an agent from Wells Fargo said, "I got your message, tell me whats going on?" so I explained that I had submitted an offer on a short sale property, had completed paperwork sporadically and now I was waiting for a long time without anyone telling me anything, in fact my agent said it could take as long as 6months. He was shocked, took my name, number and promised to call me back at 3pm. He also took my mortgage lenders name and number.

At 2:35pm the Wells Fargo agent called me back "I spoke with your lender and she told me that you are waiting for a ratified contract from the bank, I don't have that information and I can't give you that departments number, I'm sorry you're going to have to wait for the bank to contact your seller"
Disappointed I sent an email to my agent telling him what I had been up to today and asked him to try to find out something. He was pissed, he once again explained to me that this was a long process, that I had to be patient and that he probably shouldn't have told me things were moving quickly. He said that he would contact the selling agent and tell her about my anxiety.
Within minutes he called me back. "before I got chance to call her she texted me and told me that the paperwork had gone through to review. That means it has moved from a large pile of papers on a big desk to a review desk; you could get an answer as soon as tomorrow or as late as two weeks!"
Hallelujah!! so the question remains...am I being too pushy? Did all of my calling around cause someone at Wells Fargo to say "hey I know that name I was just looking at that file" or did my long and strong prayer cause a shift in the matrix

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment