Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HPAP Inspection

Last week I met my agent and the HPAP inspector at 'House S' he went over all the details that he had regarding the home purchase and then we did a walk through.
He pointed out minor and major things that I had never noticed, we talked as we walked through about all the potential things that I would like to do to the property. He told me which would be possible and those that would not.
I was hoping to turn the basement into an apartment but he told me there was not enough head room. I said that I wanted to gut both bathrooms and kitchen, I was told that would be a massive chunk into my allotted amount, and that I should settle for one bathroom makeover at this time.

Yesterday I received his write up via mail with all of the work that we discussed and his estimated cost....good grief. It came out over budget but there are things in there that I believe I can cut the cost of by handling them myself. Other than the masonry work and the gutting of the kitchen and bathroom, I'm quite confident that I can handle other issues myself, but I intended to call him to find out more information.
I really thought that the HPAP program would be easier than NACA (www.NACA.org) but it is turning out to be just as challenging in other ways.

I have not been back in contact with 'House C' but upon last check she hadn't received any offers. I know that house doesn't need as much work as 'House S' but i never realized this one needed as much as it did until the inspector came through.

The seller has accepted my offer so once again I am waiting for the bank (for real this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment