Followers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My House Requirements

I'm looking for a 3bed 2+ bath single family or town home, with a basement, front and back yard and a porch. Something with an old Victorian or Colonial style look; particularly in an area of Washington DC that has growth potential.

I have been advised, by commercial/real estate agents, that the Trinidad/Ivy City and Anacostia areas of DC are perfect for that type of growth. A number of new housing projects and business projects are taking place in those areas so that's where my focus is. Hopefully in 5yrs my home would have gain a great deal of usable equity.

Because my requirements are so very specific and my financing is so limited I am often missing out on the deals that I want. As much as I want this to be as smooth as Property Virgins or House Hunters, it is not really going that way; but I'm not giving up, I will have my home by December 16th 2011 right on time for graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment